Named 10 mistakes that should be avoided when planning a vacation
So, what are the main mistakes before a vacation from the point of view of bloggers:
- Not enough planning: vacation should not be «let go», assuming — «come what may», as there may be minor annoying incidents. For example, “the locked doors of the museum, which I really wanted to visit, due to the fact that it was closed for a cleaning day,” write the experts. Transport problems and other «problems» are also likely.
- Too careful planning is also a mistake. “If you schedule every minute of your day, you can lose the most important thing for which it is worth traveling — freedom and the spirit of adventurism,” the bloggers say. In addition, careful plans can confuse unpredictable factors — from the weather to an upset stomach.
- Do not download maps: “Regardless of whether you are traveling abroad or just to another region, you should always download offline maps in advance «, — experts advise.
- Do not take small cash: in» digitalized «cities it is easy to forget that cashless payments are not developed everywhere. Markets, souvenirs and ice cream shops most often accept cash. And, preferably, small ones. Moreover, this also applies to Russia and abroad.
- To take too many things «… and then run away, dragging an overweight suitcase along,» the experts add. According to their estimates, many things are physically impossible to wear, and a lot can be bought on a trip.
- Do not prepare for weather conditions. There are things that you definitely need to take with you, depending on the weather — be it sunscreen, raincoat or thermal underwear. The authors include mosquito repellents here. Also at this point it is worth adding the usual minimum first-aid kit — a «quest», which may result in the search for a pharmacy and a familiar pain reliever, for example, abroad, not something that is worth worrying about on vacation.
- Do not take chargers for gadgets — the default point in the «digital» age. In addition to direct charging, power banks will also come in handy, and in some cases there will be actual adapters to other types of outlets, if we are talking about a foreign trip. You can «run into» the «euro sockets» in many resort places — for example, in Cyprus. Moreover, for the adapter in some hotels they take a deposit — albeit small, but the risk is not excluded that the tourist will be sent to the store to look for an adapter on his own.
- Do not buy tickets to museums in advance. “You can buy tickets online for almost all museums now. This opportunity should not be neglected, especially if you are going to a super-popular museum like the Hermitage, ”the bloggers advise. Topical advice, especially in our «covid» times — there is a risk not only to stand in line for a ticket for half a day, but also simply not to get to the museum, since the «attendance limit» has been chosen.
- Not taking into account the cultural peculiarities of the region — “it will be a little offensive to come to the Caucasus in a mini-skirt and run into the disapproval of local residents,” bloggers comment on this point. There may be more unpleasant consequences, so it is advisable to have some idea of the region where you are going. Situations — the «stash» is useful to the tourist in many cases. It is definitely worth having some reserve of money. It is no coincidence that the main fear of Russian tourists turned out to be that there is not enough money on vacation for everything …